12.28.2003

Greetings from Boac

And just like that, I decided to travel to Marinduque two nights ago. I was buying myself (read: shopping) some clothes at Glorietta in the afternoon of Friday and even managed to meet briefly with a friend and his brother early evening when I set my thoughts to the quiet waters of Marinduque at around 9PM. I left Manila by bus two hours later for the three-hour ride to Lucena in Quezon province where I took the 4AM ferry for another three hours to get to my destination. I'm thankful I got to Boac, the capital of Marinduque, in one piece despite the gusty winds the whole time during the trip wrought by a typhoon.

On one hand, I'm happy I'm here because I visited some sites I missed during my last trip here. On another hand, I wish I just stayed home and memorized Webster's instead. The cold weather here is cutting through me. I'm on my blue mufflers all the time with my blue windjacket. It must be my unconscious in the works but somehow, they reinforce the blue feeling I have. The only thing reminding me that I should stay on is the red sleeveless shirt I have beneath.

The worst thing is I'm alone in my hotel bed tonight. Maybe I should request for additional blankets. I will definitely open the red wine I brought along while I'm curled up in bed. Or maybe I should stay in the hot shower the whole night.

I just had dinner in one of the restaurants near my hotel. Of course alone. The vegetables were good. They make me want to go right up my room and down the wine. I was walking leisurely on my way back when I chanced upon an internet shop. I thought maybe some people out there might want to be updated.

Anyway, I gotta run. It will take a while for me to use the cork remover. And I have to wake up early to get to the airport. I'm on waitlist for this 19-seater plane for my travel back to Manila. It just occured to me now, and I don't believe it will cost me around 21 times more than the ferry ride I took. But anyway, in half an hour, I'm back to the maddening city again.

Catch you all later!

No comments: