I am set to leave later this afternoon taking the last flight out of Manila for Kalibo. I will spend my weekend there to witness the famous Ati-Atihan festival. I'm excited about the day-long streetdancing and practically a merrymaking mood for the next two days.
From Kalibo, I plan to swing by Iloilo to at least traverse half of Panay island and to visit some friends. I know now where to go for a seafood feast and which restaurants I shouldn't miss. I will probably just do overnight there and hie off back to Kalibo the following day to catch my flight back to Manila late in the afternoon.
So while everyone is back at work after their christmas holiday travels, I'm here going against the tide, traveling to sites now free of maddening people to truly enjoy the experience. I've always think doing your travels this way is the perfect way to a perfect vacation. You no longer suffer from long queues at airports and hotels and malls, the hotel prices are more reasonable, even the storekeepers in the wetmarkets I visit seem to have become really friendly and they charge you discounted prices.
I'll try to find an internet shop along the way and give you a peek on places I have visited, people I have met, wine bottles I have downed, stories I have heard, and delicacies I have sampled. So in the meantime, say a little prayer for my safety. Stay still till I get back. Don't do anything foolish. Don't overdo your phonecalls. Minimize your trip to the ref. Don't be bitchy. Stay home. Watch your step. Don't play with your food. Be nice with your neighbors. Don't stay out late. Keep your cool. Visit your grandparents. Go to church.
I sound like my mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment