11.13.2003

Rainy thoughts

For the rest of the day, I have a strong feeling the sun won't ever show up in Manila. A storm is currently blasting provinces south of Manila and the dark rain clouds have formed their way up everywhere along with rushes of cold wind and cool weather. It's the perfect time to just stay on bed and catch up on sleep.

I should have done that. I should have called in sick and played doctor-doctor at home. And then when I'm tired and bored, I could switch on the TV and drown myself in the stupid yet undeniably popular morning soap operas which probably the whole of Manila has grown accustomed to (except me!), while trying to figure out how in the world can one even enjoy a show that features awkwardly dubbed dialogues in the local language on actors whose face and appearance is everything but local. I just can't get it!

And when I get tired and bored again, I can choose to be pensive like the weather and open some vintage tin boxes I keep on top of my closet. I'll brew coffee and then, with Tyrell/Connick Jr./Buble in the background, I will relive the good old days by reading old loveletters and cards. As sure as some of my neighbors would be humping and pumping in the stillness of the morning, I will whimper shortly and shed some tears. Which hopefully will lead me back to deep slumber.

When I wake up and it'll be surely afternoon by then, I may opt to order in pizza as I attempt to strike a balance of satisfying a long-standing craving with my trainer's strict diet plan. Of course, I'd be a miss, a terrible one which will leave me feeling so dumb that the next thing I want to do is put on my workout clothes and head out to the gym.

I just hope there'd be rain by that time so I will be where I'm really supposed to be -- indoors, on my bed. Even without the human blanket. It doesn't matter.

No comments: