On my way to lunch today, I overheard a lady so casually declare to her friend, "E ang kuya ko, walang kakuwenta-kuwenta!" I didn't look at her, but the way she said it was so full of frustration and, most likely, quiet resignation. I don't know, but the gloomy and dark sky provided a perfect backdrop for the remark. The voice was sober, but biting. Not so loud, but reverberating.
And then I thought about my sister. Was there ever an occasion before that could have made her utter those same words? What was it? How did she say it? Was there scorn on her face? Has she always felt like that? What exactly about me did she find so repulsive or offending or frustrating? Does she have plans of telling me? Am I really bad?
Maybe I am guilty. But I should write about that next time. Probably soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment