Somebody sent me this text message. I would need help understanding the unspoken words behind what was said.
Can't help it, I get Freudian on you. Everything seems an innuendo.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hmmm, take a look at the following meanings:
FREUDIAN: Relating to or being in accordance with the psychoanalytic theories of Sigmund Freud (He came to believe that a complex of repressed and forgotten impressions underlies all abnormal mental states).
FRUEDIAN SLIP: A verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
INNUENDO: An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.
Dont know under what context it was texted, but its definitely not a compliment if the texter meant that you dont come across clearly to him. Are you f***ing with his mind or are the two of you doing so to each other? Vagueness is never a good thing especially in relationships.
If he meant that he cannot put forward or verbalize his true feelings with you. That still isnt good.
A simpler interpretation: the sender thinks that everything you say or do is laced with innuendo--sexual, I suppose, given Freud's preoccupation with our crotch area as our prime motivator.
The interesting question is this: why does the sender read sexual innuendo in everything you say or do?
No cause for alarm. Knowing well who sent that message, I'm sure whatever sexual insinuations one might read are, unfortunately, incestuous in nature. You can't have sex with one of your girl friends.
6 comments:
Hmmm, take a look at the following meanings:
FREUDIAN: Relating to or being in accordance with the psychoanalytic theories of Sigmund Freud (He came to believe that a complex of repressed and forgotten impressions underlies all abnormal mental states).
FRUEDIAN SLIP: A verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
INNUENDO: An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.
Dont know under what context it was texted, but its definitely not a compliment if the texter meant that you dont come across clearly to him. Are you f***ing with his mind or are the two of you doing so to each other? Vagueness is never a good thing especially in relationships.
If he meant that he cannot put forward or verbalize his true feelings with you. That still isnt good.
Just a point of view. Think about it.
A simpler interpretation: the sender thinks that everything you say or do is laced with innuendo--sexual, I suppose, given Freud's preoccupation with our crotch area as our prime motivator.
The interesting question is this: why does the sender read sexual innuendo in everything you say or do?
No cause for alarm. Knowing well who sent that message, I'm sure whatever sexual insinuations one might read are, unfortunately, incestuous in nature. You can't have sex with one of your girl friends.
J, it's possible that the sexual innuendo may not be directed at her.
Then again: going beyond the crotch, maybe the innuendos aren't necessarily sexual.
Then YET again: why are we going about this the long way? Just ask your friend what she really meant by her text message.
An interesting haiku you got!
Freudian may be used as an allusion which means "sexual." What a coincidence for me, I'm currently reading 'Freud and Jung.'
J.,
I linked your blog site with mine, so I can visit it regularly.
Post a Comment