Ang dagat ng pagnanasa.
Sumabay sa indayog ng bangka
Palubog, pataas, pabulusok
Hanggang marating mo
Ang rurok ng ligaya.
----------
My Mindanao-based friend Mitch, whom I haven’t seen in ages, wrote a poem for me after getting a clearer idea on dragonboat rowing following that documentary feature on local TV last week. She’s been sending me text messages a lot in the last few days inquiring about rowing, my oar, training regimen as well as lovelife and vacation stories. I would patiently answer all her rowing-related queries and would be exceptionally silent on all that dwells about lovelife. When she finally calls asking why I would suddenly turn silent, I’d amusingly yell at her and remind her about the only one thing we share in common over the years, a humdrum lovelife.
Then we’d poke fun at ourselves and the strong possibility of us evolving to become another addition to the growing number of lone rangers in this world. We’d end our usual conversation with a zestful toast to singlehood!
No comments:
Post a Comment