9.06.2005

Alone yet surrounded

Out of the blue, I felt water slowly wedge in my eyes and blurred my vision. I was close to letting my guards down and dramatically surrender to my feelings, but I thought I’ve been caught in a similar dilemma before and I’ve always managed to get through each time. I should be OK. But last Sunday afternoon however was different. This time, it was unusually difficult to keep my bearing and repulse the urge to bawl as I sat in the middle of a crowd watching kids perform in a musical number. I kept urging myself to remain calm and poised. It just wasn’t the place to cry.

The urge to cry your eyes out was the last thing anybody in that audience thought anyone should feel that time. The kids were in their elements as they swayed and glided on the stage. You can see them enjoying themselves, not mindful of the crowd that has gathered to watch them. They felt comfortable performing. Stage seemed to be a second home for them. I was genuinely enjoying myself watching them.

I couldn’t place where the feeling of being utterly sad was coming from. I ran thoughts in my head asking if there have been gloomy days earlier, and I couldn’t exactly agree if there ever was one. I just kept looking at the strobe lights above the stage to push back tears so they won’t fall over. I would bite my lower lip to put me in pain. I would force a smile and move my head to the beat in my attempt to fend off sad thoughts.

I still cried.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

naiiyak na rin ako rito.

ako

joelmcvie said...

Hmmm... pining for lost innocence? Or pining for kids? Yuck, pedophilia daw, o! (Joke!)

Maria Victoria said...

just one of those days, j., it will pass. kasi tanggapin mo nang tatanda ka nanaman ng isang taon.

hapi bertday!

uuuy, ngiti na yan....!

Anonymous said...

Jun Jun!!!

Promdi said...

Ako na Anonymous: na si Baray pala. Naiiyak ka ba dahil may atraso ka sa akin? :-)

McVie: Pining for lost chance. I could have trained in dance from way back. :-)

Victoria: Oo nga, that happens all the time. Few days before one's bday are the worst. One can cry at the flick of a finger.

XP: Junjun na walang malay.:-)

joelmcvie said...

Oh my gawsh! You mean you could have been a prima ballerina? O baka naman type mo maging Streetboy na lang?

Anonymous said...

touching.
tugs the heart.

www.jovefrancisco.com

Anonymous said...

anubah? Birthday blues ba? I can totally relate to that.

Happy Birthday. Tama na ang emote - tatanda lang tayo lalo nyan...:-)

sonnyorange