1.26.2005

Cry songs

As of my last count, there were only three songs that make me cry or at least misty-eyed. Two of them are OPM's, the other is an old Carpenter song. These three have never failed to practically stun me and render me motionless for a few moments while I sigh heavily and switch to a sentimental mode or whatever is left of a once romantic self I have known.

Recently however, there was one more song added to that list. It's something not new to me since I have heard of it many times before either on the radio or sung by my sister when she makes herself a glass of iced tea. I would just ignore that song and let it pass. It came back to haunt me a few weeks when I heard it performed by local school-based all-male choral group.

I froze. And I allowed myself to weep.

----------------------


I will be here


Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear,
I will be here.

If in the dark we lose sight of love,
Hold my hand and have no fear,
‘Cause I will be here.

CHORUS
I will be here when you feel like being quiet;
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen.
And I will be here when the laughter turns to crying;
Through the winning, losing, and trying, we’ll be together,
‘Cause I will be here.

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear,
I will be here.

As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I will be here.

CHORUS
I will be here, and you can cry on my shoulder;
When the mirror tells us we’re older, I will hold you.
And I will be here to watch you grow in beauty,
And tell you all the things you are to me;
I will be here.

I will be true to the promise I have made,
To you and to the One who gave you to me.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to sing this as soloist with my choir back in college. Nice song. - Adel

Anonymous said...

hmmm..miss mo na siya? im sure another J. na naman iyan.yes. isa syang J. ey, was that a guess or alam mo talaga?

baray @ http://otistik.epinoy.com/

Anonymous said...

baray: nagbabasa ako minsan ng archives mo. hehe. familiar iyong mga names. kayo pa rin ba? sana. mabait iyon e. :-)

Anonymous said...

haha. malamang nabasa mo na rin sa archives yung pseudo-straight stage ko. hehe.

gusto tuloy kita makakwentuhan kasi pamilyar sa iyo ang mga pangalang nabanggit ko eh =D sa kasamaang-palad, hindi na kami ng taong nami-miss ko. he dumped me =(

baray

Promdi said...

He dumped you? Hmmm..sige, kape tayo minsan. Kuwentuhan mo ako. Makikinig ako.

Anonymous said...

that would be nice =D sabihan mo lang ako.

Promdi said...

sige baray, email mo na lang ako. antayin ko na lang.