When friends ask me about my most intimate moments, they seem to imagine me naked cavorting with somebody. They pucker their lips and dilate their pupils as they stare at me passionately, eagerly waiting for me to feed them with very explicit rundown of events from the time doors are locked to the time flys are unbuttoned and shirts fly around the room.
But sadly, that’s not my idea of intimacy. How I have understood intimacy over the years has nothing to do with undressing but everything to do with taking your fears and mistrust away as you build something with somebody. I’m not a love doctor and I don’t claim to be one, but my experiences have led me to think I’ve been on the right lane.
6 comments:
Aba! At last nag-post na rin. :-)
i like the metaphor of tearing down fear and building something with someone.
it is, in gist, the essence of relationships, which you have pointed out.
true, relationships should be beyond sex because they are a union, they are discoveries, an exciting unraveling, until nothing is left but the core.
glad to have stubmled upon your blog, nice posts...
May email, may text at may message pa sa blog mo. Kung di mo pa ito pansinin, iisa lang ang ibig sabihin.
Phillip wants to go on a road trip to Tanay, Rizal this Saturday. Of course, JJ's coming too. Are you free? Do you still have rowing?
You can make love with clothes on. Hell, even just by looking at each others' eyes.
Post a Comment