8.16.2005

Singles and doubles

In an isolated village up in the remote parts of Ifugao, I found the perfect metaphor to explain my present love condition. It came in the form of three lifeless clothespins --- two snuggling tightly beside each other; another quietly sitting by its lonesome not so far from where two are.

Batad Village in Banaue

That’s how things have been in the last few weeks or so. Some of my friends seemed to have finally found their way hitting jackpots one after another. All of a sudden, it looked as if love and partnering became excessively easy for everyone to just take and keep. Few of my friends finally took the plunge and bade singlehood goodbye. They are in high heavens now, permanently upbeat, constantly smiling, always giggling, forever on the phone.

All these while I peacefully park myself in the sidelines enjoying life and love. Well, lust sometimes.

5 comments:

joelmcvie said...

At least single clotheshangers are left alone, while pairs are used to hang wet, heavy clothes with. Ayaw mo nun, wala kang pasan na mabigat?

And you don't get a bloated cellphone bill.

Promdi said...

Gleng-gleng mo talaga, McVie. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well... I remember offering my hand for Friendship (and who knows where it will lead to..)...and I remember getting a luke warm response... =)

Dave

Promdi said...

I'm having my friend Mavic's comment (sent through YM) printed here.

victoria0918 (8/18/2005 9:53:19 AM): kasi he gets the better perspective of the breathtaking view around him, parang mas type ko yung 'alone' (not lonely) na clothespin than yung may 'companion'. minsan minsan its nice to fly solo.


And Dave, baka nagkamali ka. Your comment must have been intended in another blog, not mine.

Anonymous said...

wow. ganda ng view. gusto ko ring makapunta dyan one of these days at kumuha rin ng litrato.

ako