
I looked at him and I almost felt like shouting, "Well done, well done!" I admire him for his untiring labor the last 26 years or so as Pope. Much has been written about what he did in this period. He made so much inroads pushing the Catholic Church to many nations and peoples. All the glory and praises he rightfully deserves for bridging people and their faith.
Except that his legacy never labored towards uplifting the kind of understanding and mindset that his church has espoused towards gays. I am not talking about ministering gay marriages or openly flaunting the ordination of gay priests. I am not even close to mentioning it as highlights of homilies around the world. At the very least, I would have wanted to see a more embracing, more pragmatic, less judgmental views towards the population. That way, we would not have been witnesses to countless number of kind, compassionate, and very talented people who have opted to distance themselves from the church. Not because they wanted to, but because it didn't minister to them and appeared to be more ready to brandish rejection and condemnation rather than love and acceptance --- just because they happened to be gays.
The others will speak.
1 comment:
Wow, reading that link sure gave me quite a headache! Iba rin ang effect niya, ano? :-)
Post a Comment