It has crossed my mind a few times how, over the years, my parents might have been so eager to see their first-born grandchild either from my younger sister or me. I don’t blame them. They’re in their sixties, old enough to be grandparents whereas we’re half their ages at the moment, old enough to produce offsprings.
I’m sure my parents have talked about this countless times in their private conversations. They usually do this when they both stretch out on the bed ready to sleep or when they both wake up middle of the night and decide to have a one-to-one instead of racing to find sleep. I know this because I have eavesdropped a few times when I was a kid and I’d sleep in their room. I just wonder, how exactly do their conversations end when they talk about me and my sister against their yearnings to be grandparents. They know perfectly well the rightful response. They don’t have to think hard enough for it. Their conversations actually don’t have to go far. The answers to whatever questions they have are staring at them squarely. It may not be too appropriate for me to detail all the reasons, but let me say the grounds are in themselves justified and valid. Otherwise, my strong-willed mom would insist on her way.
It just makes me think sometimes, aren’t we harsh?
1 comment:
bakit ka napa-"uggh"? baka siguro ang tinutukoy mong pagpapakasal ay nasa kumbensyunal na konteksto (babae at lalake) :D
maliban sa sarili ko, ikaw lang yata ang taong kilala ko na gustong makasal sa kanyang nobyo balang araw di ba? o mali ba ako?
baray
Post a Comment