12.21.2004

It's gone

While I still shed a tear watching Pretty Woman or show loving stare on genuinely devoted couples, sometimes I think even the tiniest romantic emotion engraved in the past years somewhere in my heart has completely, utterly, and absolutely thawed out and vanished. I no longer relish romantic gestures, much less, romantic thoughts and expressions. I cringe when I come across narrations of love and romances being forced out of people who have just been or, much worse, are presently in their first ever formal relationships. I have also ceased to be affectionate, warm, and adoring.

The feeling became apparent this morning when I came across a love story about an exchange of gifts between lovers spending their first christmas together. Stories like this normalle make me sigh. There have been times when I would suddenly close my eyes and re-enact events and place myself in the picture. The sighs definitely became deeper. Yes, if you will, a drama princess. To the highest degree. Even inanimate things as a red pen or a lifeless paper napkin would, without a doubt, gain life from my thoughts and assume very significant meanings and worth.

I now fear, when romantic feelings leave, are they gone for good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e.

you contradict yourself. here you are writing very romantic stuff in some of your entries, now you're saying that you've turned to stone? c'mon, andyan lang iyan. don't tell me jaded ka na. hehe. anyways, a very blessed Christmas to you my dear friend. don't get the blues ha. :)

Anonymous said...

I like your insight into acmecellphone.com cellular cellular phone phone, more info can be found here acmecellphone.com cellular cellular phone phone