11.15.2005

Pulsating 80's

My modest tribute to the spirited life of the 80's where everyone was as vibrant and full of character as the dance steps, variety shows, movie themes and characters, and hairstyles in that era.

And to one particular production number of one particular celebrity donning a particular costume and spraynet-loaded hairdo doing a particular glide onstage. Memories, memories.


I am what I am
I am my own special creation.
So come take a look,
Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,
My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life's not worth a damn,
'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."
I am what I am,
I don't want praise, I don't want pity.
I bang my own drum,
Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.
And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,
Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?
Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud
I am what I am!
I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses.
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.
There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;
One life, so it's time to open up your closet.
Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,
"Hey world, I am what I am!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so Maricel Soriano. I can just imagine Roderick Paulate joining him while dancing Body Dancer.

merman said...

is this the tune that we've danced to complete with costume and makeover during our agape days?